Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministery of Railways/Rail Mantralaya
New Delhi, dated 16.03.2017.
All Indian Railways etc,
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub: Grant of TA/DA to retired Railway servants, re-engaged after retirement.
Ref: CORE, Allahabad’s letter No. CORE/E/1/19/ENGAGEMENT/PART-1 dated 09.10.2015.
A clarification had been sought by CORE, Allahabad regarding admissibility of Travelling Allowance/Daily Allowance to retired Railway servants re-engaged after retirement when they are sent on duty outside the station/headquarter for project / field works.
2. The matter has been considered by Board and it has been decided that the retired Railway servants, re-engaged after retirement; when they are sent on duty outside the station/headquarter, may be paid, in addition to their usual daily wages/remuneration, daily allowance at the rate of 60% of the applicable Daily Allowance rate (as indicated in Board’s letter No. F(E)I/2008/AL-28/14, dated 01/12/2008, as modified from time to time) corresponding to the pay drawn/post held by the retired Railway servant immediately prior to their retirement to meet out of pocket expenses. Such daily allowance will require the approval of SAG level officer.
3. Further, this will be subject to the other terms & condition as mentioned in chapter 16 of IREC Vol. II and will be regulated by the general/specific orders issued in this regard from time to time.
4. These orders shall take effect from 03/03/2017.
5. This orders will be subject to the other terms & condition as mentioned in chapter 16 of IREC Vol.II and will be regulated by the general/ specific orders issued in this regard from time to time
6. Hindi version is enclosed
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director Finance (Estt.),